Does the error message appear when you’re watching a live or recorded show?
- Press EXIT on your remote control to stop the playback of the recorded show.
- Tune to the channel the show was on.
Still seeing the error message: Yes (*These are also the troubleshooting steps if you see the 761 error while watching live TV*)
Solution 1: Check your receiver’s access card
- Open the access card door on the front panel of your receiver and remove the access card.
- Reinsert the access card. The chip should be facing down with the logo or picture facing up.
Still seeing the error message try solution 2.
Note: On some receiver models, the access card slot is on the right side of the receiver.
Solution 2: Reset your receiver
- Remove the access card from your receiver.
- Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
- Insert the access card into the receiver.