Does the error message appear when watching a live or recorded show?
- Press EXIT on your remote control to stop the playback of the recorded show.
- Tune to the channel the show was on.
Solution 1: Check your receiver’s access card
- Open the access card door on the front panel of your receiver and remove the access card.
- Reinsert the access card. The chip should be facing down with the logo or picture facing up.
- If you are still seeing the error message try solution 2.
Note: On some receiver models, the access card slot is on the right side of the receiver.
Solution 2: Refresh your service
- Refresh your service by logging into your DirecTV account online.
- If you are still seeing the error message try solution 3.
Solution 3: Reset your receiver
- Remove the access card from your receiver.
- Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot then refresh your service online.
- Insert the access card into the receiver.
- If you are still seeing the error message please call 1-800-531-5000 for assistance.
If you no longer see the error message after changing to the same channel as the recording was on, an error occurred while the show was recording. If this problem occurs frequently, call us at 1-800-531-5000.