- Install the Key Correctly
- Pull the remote battery cover off
- Separate the key from the remote by inserting your thumbnail or coin in the crease. Remove the key by grasping at the bottom
- Insert the key face up and slide into place
- Change the UHF/IR; switch to IR
- Insert 4 AAA batteries ensuring the + ends match
- Replace the remote battery cover
IF YOU INSTALLED THE 2 BLUE KEY FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS
- Verify the UHF antenna is installed on the back of the receiver
- Verify the UHF/IR switch is set to UHF
- Turn on receiver and tv and press system info button on receiver ( usually on front of receiver could be located behind panel)
- Confirm that you see the system info screen on your tv screen
- Press record on your remote; the remote address will probably change on the screen
- Confirm that your remote operates your receiver by pressing remote buttons
- If your remote has a blue number 2 key you may nee to go to your tv2 location to confirm your remote operates your receiver; if this is not working return to the step where you press system info on your receiver and repeat remaining steps again.
*** CHANGING BETWEEN UHF AND IR USING THE UHF/IR SWITCH; All receiver models (except the ViP222, ViP222k, ViP622 DVR, ViP722 DVR or ViP722k DVR receivers) must use switch position IR or the remote will not control the receiver***
Your remote has a switch to change the type of signaling that your remote control uses. It comes preset to the UHF position, but if you have a clear line of sight to your receiver, you can change the setting to the IR position to eliminate the possibility of any other UHF remote control interfering with yours.
IF YOU INSTALLED THE 1 GREEN KEY
- Remove the battery cover from the remote control.
- Use a small screw driver or a paper clip to carefully change the setting.
- Put the battery cover back on the remote control.
- Use the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel to open the System Information screen
- Press RECORD on the remote control.
- Make sure the remote address on the receivers System Information screen shows the correct information:
- Switch Position UHF—IR/UHF
- Switch Position IR—IR only