In-Home Service Technicians lead the charge in service, installation, and home automation solutions for our customers, both rural and urban. Each Technician receives extensive safety training as well as professional training for site surveys, installing equipment, and educating customers on our innovative satellite technology.
- Plans installations by evaluating location; locating line of sight; laying out equipment and wiring plans connectivity options.
- Establishes satellite system by installing dish; running and pulling cable; programming and calibrating equipment; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Verifies system by testing equipment and connections; identifying and correcting problems.
- Insures system signal meets minimum requirements.
- Observes picture on television screen to evaluate reception.
- Communicates with dispatch department to update job status within assigned timeframes.
- Provides paperwork to document installation, service and repairs.
- Repairs service by listening to customer’s description of the problems; diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing problems by replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Communicate with customers and ensure that the customer thoroughly understands how to work the system.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; educate customer on how to operate the system; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to request for service and assistance.
- Planning/organization – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks. Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability – Follow instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Be punctual to all appointments.
You will be working directly with customers at their homes, so professionalism and respect for property is important at all times. You will be outside, on roofs or driving in varying weather conditions.
Able to lift at least 70 pounds & must be able to climb up and down a ladder freely.
Position Type and Expected Hours
This is a full-time position, with occasional over time. Hours of operation are 7 days a week 7:00am to 6:30pm. If your tasks are not completed or if there is an issue that arises, you will be required to work after your expected shift end to complete.
Travel should be expected for this position due to the nature of the business and the various locations we service.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to pass pre-employment background and drug screen
- Ability to meet all metrics set forth by DISH/DIRECTV
- Ability to upsell merchandise
- Mechanically inclined
- Proficient with Technology
- Valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record